What is the County Clerk?
The County Clerk is a constitutional officer elected by the people for a term of four years. The specific work of the office is prescribed by the Legislature. Bill Knowles and his professional staff are responsible for more than $30 million annually, and the County Clerk's office has earned a clean audit for 47 years running. Trustworthiness is a top value!
- Vehicle registration and renewal
- Secretary to the Hamilton County Commission
- Marriage License
- Business License
- Driver license renewal
- Member of the County Records Commission
- Fish and game permits
- Boat registration
- Applications for Notary Public commission
- Application for pawn broker license
Are you a history buff?
Below is a list of all Hamilton County Clerks* since the first Clerk in1820.